Open auditions for our production of Les Miserables.
Based off the original novel by Victor Hugo, this show requires a full cast, aged from 10 - 70, male and female, for named speaking roles. It is a non-musical dramatic adaptation of the novel, for full scale stage performance.
All roles except "grown up Cosette" open for casting, please scroll down for a list of all roles being cast.
AUDITION INFORMATION PACK AVAILABLE FROM
Auditions are on Sunday Feb 10th 2019, at Chestnut Community centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon TQ5 0SA. Please arrive to begin at 1pm. (doors open from 12). .
Castings will take the form of reading and characterising excerpts from the script.
As with all our in-house shows, all persons appearing as cast and crew for this production will be entitled to remuneration as
- equal profit share (ticket-take less venue hire cost)
- portfolio photos and video for portfolio use
- copies of all press in which the character is featured
- programme credit
(and anything else we find that we are able to offer)
More information on our audition process is to be found at https://www.southdevonplayers.com/auditions.html
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO AUDITION OR BE INVOLVED WITH US.
Brixham, Torquay, Plymouth, on Friday-Saturdays in June 2019
Rehearsal dates: Wednesday evenings 7pm - 9.30pm, Sundays 12.30pm - 5pm,
at Chestnut Community Centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0SA, the same as the auditions. For this reason, priority will be given to performers who live in the South Devon region. Please note that you will be expected to attend regular rehearsals.
Due to previous incidents we need to state that
1) All cast will need to be able to attend regular rehearsals, and to be able to learn characterisation, lines and blocking,
2) Actors will be required to wear costumes
3) All people in the production are expected to adhere to socially acceptable behaviour at all times.
4) Performances are on an open-book equal-profit share basis.
5) We welcome performers of all backgrounds.
MORE ABOUT US