A high-profile English couple are looking for a Guardian Couple to late care of their seafront Villa in St Jean Cap Ferrat, France. It is a part-time residence, where the Principals spend around 3-4 months a year (mostly in the summer and some occasional weekends).
When the Principals arrive, they bring temporary personnel with them (a chef and 1-2 stewardesses) who the guardian couple will have to guide and oversee. The household is semi-formal.
It is a permanent position. The right candidates have to be flexible when the Principals and their guests are present in the villa, and manage their own time and send weekly reports when the Principals are absent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of the property
- Perform handyman duties
- Manage and oversee local contractors for those maintenance jobs not within the couple’s competence
- Maintain swimming pool and equipment and oversee the pool contractor once per week
- Maintain villa grounds and plants – keep them clean and tidy
- Look after 2 cars – keeping them clean and arranging maintenance etc.
- Perform chauffeur duties when required
- Hands on head housekeeper, keeping the interior of the house and contents including antiques, fine linen, silver
- Laundry and ironing of delicate fabrics
- Responsible for maintenance and care of the owners clothes, packing and unpacking
- Required to teach, guide and oversee the summer staff and chef
- Required to prepare meals for staff and owners when the chef is not present (simple food)
- Knowledgeable of how to set and serve at table
- Do the shopping as required
- Drive when required
- Able to speak and write good English (both)
- Knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Be able to drive and have a clean European driving licence (both)
- Handyman skills and knowledge of gardening is essential
- Knowledge of table service and setup
- Knowledge of how to launder delicate fabrics
- Cooking skills will be a plus
- Basic IT knowledge
- Have experience of similar work (3 or more years)
- Have love for their work and take care of the property and the owners with their hearts
Salary of €5,000 net for the couple per month
One month holiday per year
Excellent accommodation inside the property for the couple. Cottage with three bedrooms and fully furnished.